Friday, August 27, 2010

brownie plans

I am planning on using the following recipe for the brownies (note that I have not yet tested this, so if it is horrid, I'll find out tomorrow)
1.5 sticks butter
2 oz baking chocolate chopped
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons cocoa
2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1.5 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup flour
preheat oven to 350*
line 9' pan with foil and butter
melt butter and chocolate (mix) then add in all other ingredients
bake 30-35 minutes

The cream cheese frosting that is such a hit is as follows:
1 stick butter
1 block cream cheese (I recommend getting as soft as possible without letting it get funky)
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla (real.. use 1.5 teaspoons if using imitation vanilla)

I mixed by hand to incorporate all the ingredients and then used the hand mixer for a few seconds at the end to get out any last lumps and to make nice and light!

I will prob make that tonight and then the brownies in the AM since I have to borrow a 9' pan from my Mom... lol.. I'm such a professional!

See you back tomorrow for the post on the brownie bites!

No comments:

Post a Comment